"The Author-Preneur with Something To Say That You'll Love To Read." #authorpreneurTJM

Last Week I Nearly Wept

 Last week I nearly wept 

at the fact of a “wish” 

from a milkweed pod

burst upon the air that 

flew between the windows 

of my car in great gulps

of hot, hot air in a heatwave 

that could have tortured a 

soul into using the air



conditioning to escape.  


Not just one, but easily twelve.  

Twelve wishes I lamented I could 

not hold, or touch, or even capture 

the beauty and serendipity

of their arrivals.  And yet, today, six

days hence and equally as hot, one 

lone “wish” collected itself all together 

and ambled through my car, circling 

just beneath my nose - allowing my 

heart to see that this was a response 

to that.  And, I could relish both as 

wonderful - beyond all measure.  


A pappus in my my mind “a while”, 

but ever in my heart, and always on 

the lineaments of my soul, which 

each in turn, weave the meaning 

of life’s every warp and weft.  

One wish was this man’s salvation 

on this oh so hot and gusty day.


And, that - 


has also - 


made 

all the difference.





No comments:

Post a Comment