"The Author-Preneur with Something To Say That You'll Love To Read." #authorpreneurTJM

All I Know, YETTA

It was no surprise to me, 

Yetta, when I discovered

you in the faint tracery lines

and vague morning frosts

of our family tree.


A name that gives wing to

my soul.  Ah ha.


I could never have known - 


with the limited words and 

absent family stories about you

and other Speiers in our past - 


there are cellular reasons

I love Talmud and the tales 

of the Hasidism.  Ah ha.  


There are hematological side-trails 

leading straight to shokeling and 

niggunim - the resessive genes in

me for the swaying and the melody 

muttering ecstasies of prayer.  Ah ha.


That cooking chicken soup -

the way I have always done -

was not mine alone.  More a

mystic strain from the deep 

tune my soul was silently 

humming.  A culinary thrum 

from my lineage.  Ah ha.


I love you Yetta Speier.  I have

always loved you.  Even before

I knew you were A THING in

the long line of people at my

back throughout all time - my 

caravan of nomads across space

and time.  You showed me the 

hidden precariousness of our

days on this earth-place and

how to shine in that trechery.  Ah ha.


Dare I say it?  You opened me

to the raw wonder and rapturous

truth that our lives without our

people and their ways - no matter

who our people may be - are as

shaky as a fiddler on the roof.

This and my indefatigible love

of Heschel are yours in me -

Yetta Speier.  Thank you.

Thank you.  Thank you.

Ah ha.


Now it is all clear.

Ah ha.




No comments:

Post a Comment